It has been around 12 days since I last gave any sort of update. Due to my injury getting worse I was still unable to do very much until the last couple of days, either unable to sit at the computer or being unable to focus enough to solve any real issues.
But tonight I finally got some coding done and a couple of issues sorted out. Ultimately I went with redesigning the wheel rather than using the wrapper I currently am in my code more for me having more control over the relatively simple task and also so I don’t have to rely on the consistency of anyone else’s code in regards to the functionality any more than I am already required to do.
Learning how to manipulate JSON files while in agonizing pain wasn’t very fun, but ultimately worked out in the end.
The goal is to hopefully get the api request code written and implemented by the end of next week and start to get Cyrpto and Intraday working properly. I did have Intraday working but didn’t like how I was going to have to implement it for tickers where that wasn’t available.
I am reinventing the wheel in this case because over all my goal is to be able to use this code to read data in general, not just from Alpha Vantage and also not just financial data. So this will be more useful for me in the long run and will save me from trying to write it into my code later on, which I have been trying to plan for in the background this entire time.
One might think I had a little clue as to the steps of software development by the way I talk about plans, but I’m just doing my best to make my life easier is all.. haha